Friday, May 04, 2007

Mega Mergers

Rumors have started again of Microsoft wanting to buy Yahoo, this time the price is at $50 billion.

As much as I like Google which I think is great for basic search, email storage and rss reading I think there is much room for improvement in their online apps. With the amount of developers and wealth they have, surely you'd think they would have come up with some decent eye candy online apps by now. I don't think the ultra conservative GUI is the best for office productivity apps.

I know that Google still tries to run projects in small teams but I just wonder if their size has got to them.

I guess this is the cool thing about the internet, the more successful an online company becomes they no longer are at the cutting edge of innovation which opens up plenty of opportunities for the garage startup.

Here is an article from the New York Post on the "rumor" (is that the us spelling of rumour?)

No comments: