Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Fun times in Maui

Sheryl and I arrived in Maui yesterday afternoon. First stop was to pickup our rental van then we headed down to Neil Pryde Maui to get sorted with some windsurf gear for the week. What a cool shop, the crew there were really friendly and helpful too. Thanks guys!

Armed with some great gear, Neil Pryde MKII slaloms (the same as I use back home) and a JP Slalom board, we then headed down to the beach where the whole atmosphere was buzzing. Kanaha Beach Park is really cool, heaps of space for everyone to park their vans and wagons and plenty of lush grass for rigging.

I headed out on the 5.4 and was soon getting dialed in. The JP is a bit more full on than I am used to and my 2 months of hibernation prior to coming to Maui meant I was a bit rusty. Soon I was getting back in the groove and getting some good downwind runs and fairly decent gybes.

Shez got some nice photos and braved the wind for an hour!

We then headed down to Kihei where we checked into to our accommodation then went out for a nice relaxing dinner - we had some local fish which was delicious.

So that was our first day in paradise!

Here's a few more photos

1 comment:

RantyDave said...

Hey man, no kidding you're in Maui! My mother in law lives there but ... she's in Italy so you can't go round for tea and cakes.

Watch out for the nasty spiky things at Kanaha!