Friday, August 04, 2006

4 Million PS3's hanging on the wall

I confess I haven' t really played games for about 15 years but my interest has been reignited by the launch of the X Box 360 and the arrival of decent 32" LCD + screens. Even a 50" Plasma with relatively low res is great for Test Drive Unlimited - due to hit the shelves in September

Anyway...like any of the current battles Apple vs Microsoft / Intel vs AMD..this one is Microsoft vs Sony

www.playfuls.com/news_03802_Sony_Comes_Out_PS3_Is_Already_in_Production.html

Sony have been quietly busy in July stockpiling their new PS3's and shipping 10,000 of them to developers. I did the quick litmus test amongst our development team at work and I was suprised to hear all the guys were just hanging out for the PS3 - had I missed something.... I thought X Box 360 was just the best thing since sliced bread.

Well I guess time will tell and if a show of faith from our team is a good indication it looks like Microsoft have got a good battle on their hands.... 4 million PS3's will be shipped this year.

I can't wait to see what their strategy is for their equivalent to Microsoft's online 'Marketplace'

No comments: