Saturday, June 17, 2006

Sunday 18th June 2006

I have just seen the X Box 360 for the first time in real life.
It looks great on a 32 inch samsung LCD.This is quite amazing. I can't wait to check out the ability to combine this with windows media center for e-commerce food ordering.
The UI is quite simply amazing, every thing is eye candy. Just the simple things make it so easy - the x box 360 remote is like the default remote for media center (which i think is the best remote ever developed) extendibility looks amazing with usb ports, wifi. I wonder how much microsoft has lost per unit on the hardware.

If you haven't seen the GUI - check it out - www.betanews.com/slideshow/Xbox_360_User_Interface/6/3

I'd better go and hire one - wonder if you can you hire them from the local blockbuster in kilbirnie?

My bro thinks XBOX 360 will have too much of a lead on the he PS3 by the time it comes out in Nov. Sony have tried to cram too much new cons into it like Blu Ray DVD which the average gamer won't even appreciate or use. What do you think ?

http://www.shopify.com/ - E-commerce for all the ma and pa retailers
I was just checking out Tim Haines' blog ( ims.co.nz/blog/ ) and came across this from a canadian startup. This will fuel e-commerece even more.


Thought of the day - I think i am being slowly convinced Ajax and HTML can do a job similar to Flash. Although gmail is a bit clunky with screen refreshes. I wonder if they have an API for gmail so someone can fix all the annoying things in a way like how zopto have done for google maps. theres an idea! I said 'similar job' - wait to you see what we have cooking with Flash Player 9.

No comments: